Business Development Manager (South-East Asia)
Hospitality Marketing Concepts ( www.hmcloyalty.com) is the leading, global provider of digital loyalty
solutions to upscale hotels worldwide. HMC provides a turnkey solution to hotel clients, from the initial concept and design, to IT deployment, management and ongoing marketing and member service.
The objective of HMC’s loyalty solutions is to help hotels increase bottom-line profit, through the
recruitment and retention of repeat customers and lowering the cost of business via direct e-commerce channels. Member acquisition is primarily through outbound telesales; target members are managers and owners of small to medium-size business, professionals, and affluent lifestyle individuals.
HMC has career opportunities available for Business Development Manager(s), positioned to take our growing Asia presence to the next level, Hospitality Marketing Concepts (HMC) is conducting a search for the best candidates with a proven track record and desire for success. These positions will be based in South-East Asia.
Job description :
These positions are hands-on, ‘direct sales’ roles responsible for identifying, soliciting, evaluating,
developing and executing partnerships. This responsibility includes full cycle selling from identifying
targets, appointments, presentations, contracting, and negotiating with Senior Management, VP’s and sometimes CEO’s of hotels and hotel groups. In these roles, candidates will develop strong, long-lasting business relationships with existing and future hotel clients.
- Successful candidates shall be professional, extremely well presented, have strong entrepreneurial spirit, proven leadership skills, high energy, well-developed interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and travel regularly.
- Account Acquisition & Management
- Secure long-term loyalty marketing program contracts with high profile, independent four- and five-star hotels and hotel groups in designated region/markets
- Continually develop & qualify target market database of independent four- and five-star hotels and hotel groups in designated region/markets
- Develop strategy for new acquisitions of hotel and hotel group partners
- Present HMC solutions and meet regularly with prospective decision makers
at Executive level
- Conduct regular meetings with existing HMC clients (CEO’s, COO’s, GM’s,
VP of Sales & Mktg., etc.) to ensure positive relationships
- Gear all sales & marketing activities to achieve/exceed the business
revenue targets by hotel and region
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and trends within
- Participate Management Team, providing feedback and market intelligence
for product improvement/enhancement
- Maintain client relationships and organize periodic strategic reviews
with existing clients
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in sales and negotiating business
partnerships and alliances
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in the hotel industry (preferred)
- Proven track record of closing sales/deals
- A proven track record and experience working in Asia
- Ability to identify and close large, multi-year contracts
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing
environment – possess a keen sense of business urgency
- Sets high personal performance standards
- Strong organizational and people skills
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to all levels of
- Strong management and time management skills
- Understanding of financial concepts and basic P&L statements
- Must be very self-motivated, and a “Hands-On” person with strong
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook) and a savvy Internet user
- Must be prepared to make frequent travels, without any restrictions in
his/her travel schedules (typically 50% of the working month)
- Able to traveling regionally with ease (without any visa restrictions)
- Hold a valid Driver’s License
- Must be articulate in English (Proficiency in a second language is an
- Solid understanding of loyalty marketing concept and operations
- Basic understanding of hotel PMS, CRS and yield management tools
- Basic understanding of hotel distribution channels – OTA’s, third party
- Basic understanding of mobile applications
- Considerable travel experience
- Candidates should NOT APPLY without sales experience, the required
skills, and a track record of success.
- We offer an attractive compensation package that includes base salary,
generous incentives, and relocation.
Please forward your full Resume to:
(Kindly indicate current and expected salary and date available to work)
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.