Director of Business Development, Asia
Hospitality Marketing Concepts (HMC) is the leading provider of premium-quality paid and frequency membership loyalty programmes to world-class hotel groups and independent four- & five-star properties. HMC partners with more than 1,000 hotels & resorts in over 50 countries to implement loyalty programmes that increase business by creating loyal local & international customers. Since 1988, HMC has been helping hotels drive incremental revenues and profits to hotel revenue centers by establishing a dynamic member database of CLUBHOTEL members worldwide. HMC’s state-of-the art CRM systems allow partner hotels to effectively communicate with key members and potential customers in local and international markets. With headquarters in Newport Beach, California, HMC has regional headquarters in Europe, Asia/Pacific, Middle East and the Americas.
HMC launched a new product in 2008: VOILÀ Hotel Rewards. VOILÀ is the first and leading guest loyalty program built specifically for a global alliance of independent hotels and small groups. VOILÀ has a portfolio of more than 200 hotels, including Husa Hoteles, Othon Hoteis, Deville Hoteis, Amari Hotels, St Giles, Katerina Hotels, Nevsky Group, Coral Hotels, Lucerna, Kayumanis, Swissbel Hotels & Resorts, Great Hotels Organisation, Amari Hotels and Resorts among others. More information about VOILÀ may be found on the company’s website www.voilahotels.com.
Positioned to take our thriving and innovative business to the next dimension, our Shanghai office is conducting a search for the best candidate with a proven track record and desire for success.
The Director of Business Development, Asia will be responsible for developing new business by selling HMC marketing programs to 4 & 5-Star Hotel Executives throughout select parts of Asia Pacific. The ideal candidate must be able to meet, present & interact with Key Executives (Director-CEO) of upscale hotels, resorts & hotel groups including: CEO, General Manager, VP/Director of Sales & Marketing, VP/Finance Manager, VP/Operations Director and Reservations Manager, etc. In this role, candidates will develop strong, long-lasting business relationships with existing and future hotel clients.
- Account Acquisition & Management
- Secure long-term loyalty marketing program contracts with high profile, 4 & 5-Star Hotels & Hotel Groups
- Continually develop & qualify target market database of 4 & 5-Star Hotels & Hotel Groups
- Present HMC solutions (paid membership SME programs and VOILÀ) and meet regularly with prospective decision makers at Executive level
- Conduct regular meetings with HMC clients (GM, VP of Sales & Mktg.) to ensure positive relationships
- Manage HMC clients’ Customer Relationship Management (CRM) efforts and develop marketing campaigns to increase membership activity
- Ensure HMC program contracted “best rates” are obtained and loaded into hotel CRS systems
- Actively solicits referrals from existing hotel clients
- Gear all sales & marketing activities to achieve/exceed the business revenue targets by hotel & region
Planning and Organizing
- Actively develop and manage pipeline of 4 & 5-Star independent hotel groups
- Develop strategy for new acquisitions of hotel partners, and client hotel replacement if contracts are not renewed
- Actively solicits referrals from every hotel contact
- Manage and update regularly hotel training, program collateral, tracking software installation, and other related activities
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and trends within the region
- Continually coach all hotel liaison/customer services, front desk, operations, marketing and reservations teams
- Set a plan for bulk sales to help achieve yearly set revenue targets
- 7+ years sales management experience (Selling to the hospitality industry and hotel sales is preferred).
- BA or BS is required, MBA a plus.
- Excellent understanding of business etiquette, pipeline development & management, and relationship building.
- Must be articulate in spoken & written English.
- Must have a high degree of comfort working, dealing and negotiating with senior management.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment – posses a keen sense of business urgency.
- Sets high personal performance standards.
- IT savvy
- Effective time management skills, people skills & communications skills
- Must be prepared to make frequent travels, without any restrictions in his/her travel schedules.
The Director of Business Development will report to the Vice President to Asia Pacific. Remuneration will include base salary and incentives/bonus.
Visit our website: http://www.HMCloyalty.com
For consideration, please email your resume and salary expectations in confidence to Attn: Human Resources.